"Paving the Way to Responsible Citizenship"
TIGER TRAITS OF CHARACTER: RESPECT • RESPONSIBILITY • CITIZENSHIP
- Demonstrating respectful interactions with others
- Demonstrating responsibility for our education, environment and community
- Demonstrating exceptional citizenship
Dunsmuir Scholarship Fund Application Packets
"Student Showcase" Open House — Wednesday, April 23rd, 5:30-7 pm
Please join us in a showcase of students work from the 2013-2014 school year. Students and staff will be available to answer questions and provide demonstrations in this display of the exciting learning that has been happening this year. We look forward to sharing with the community! Refreshments by the Culinary Arts Department.
→ Download flyer (PDF file)
→ Click here for access to forms that can be filled out online, printed at home, or at school and mailed directly to our local elections official. We encourage students to be civically engaged!
DHS Athletics Selling Personalized Bricks to Finish Planter
→ Download printable order form (PDF file)
Our Vision and Mission
The mission and vision of Dunsmuir High School is to provide a comprehensive, rigorous and innovative education; empowering students to think critically, obtain and analyze information to synthesize solutions of life's challenges and complexities. Dunsmuir High graduates leave inspired to continue learning and motivated to become responsible citizens who contribute positively to society.
Student Learning OutcomesThe staff at Dunsmuir High School is a cohesive, collaborative and engaged team of individuals who are dedicated to providing students with opportunities to take positive risks and experience success with a network of support to guide them through their experiences.
Dunsmuir High School prepares students to:
- Acquire knowledge to think conceptually and critically
- Listen effectively to decipher meaning, including knowledge, values, attitudes and intentions
- Effectively communicate ideas through multiple modalities
- Work independently and collaboratively in an open and responsive manner
- Make ethical and informed decisions that benefit themselves and the community
- Actively participate in community through positive citizenship
- Develop positive practices that promote physical and emotional well being
- Solve problems in both conventional and innovative ways